Based on dictionary.com–the definition is:
It could mean having a family, finishing school, getting a new career, being rich, or anything else that makes you happy–key words: “makes you happy”. You can’t have success in your life if you are not happy…
Let me break it down:
If your dream is to become the worlds greatest surgeon–and you are a nurse, then you haven’t become successful; because your dream was to be a surgeon not a nurse. Some individuals may say well things happened and that’s why I didn’t become a surgeon–I said “so what”. Yes! Things happen in life, obstacles will arise, storms come your way when you are trying to become successful–but I bet you it wasn’t easy for Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, or Larry Page & Sergey Brin; but they didn’t give up and now Microsoft Windows owns the computer market, Facebook is a popular social network site, and Google is the number 1 search engine…
I will be the first to say that certain dreams may have to be re-arranged–meaning you may not be able to go to medical school full-time if you have a family. But, I am also saying that success is at your fingertips all you have to do is “not give up”…
Look success is whatever makes you happy–so as long as you aren’t happy, complaining about your lifestyle, or constantly upset with your surroundings. I hate to burst your bubble, but you my friend aren’t successful.
Do you remember how it felt when you got your high school diploma, you got married, you had your first child, etc…that feeling of joy, that sense of accomplishment, and that emotion of closing a chapter of your life. That my readers is what success feels like–is it a hard road? I am not going to lie it is; but only those that don’t have a faint heart grab it. Once you taste a little bit of success you want more of it–it’s like when you are thirsty; you want something to drink to quench that thirst…
Readers, anyone can be successful no matter what is your situation–let me give you some pointers to accomplish success in your life:
- Become yourself–what I mean, stop being who you aren’t and be happy with “you”.
- Remove the negativity–what I mean strip yourself of anyone/anything that is negative and causing harm in your life.
- Do what you like–what I mean stop doing what others want you to do, and start doing what you want to do.
- What is your dream–what I mean figure out what is that dream of yours; what will fill that “void” in your life.
- Fight–what I mean is that in order to reach success you have to overcome whatever life throws your way.
- Don’t give up–what I mean is that no matter how hard, painful, fearful, or gut-wrenching it gets don’t “give up”.
- Believe–what I mean is don’t stop believing in yourself; don’t let anyone/anything make you doubt you.
- Determination–what I mean is that no matter how long it takes, stick to it and don’t “quit”.
- It’s almost there–what I mean success is not far away.
- Success–what I mean is once you get it don’t let it go.
Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. ~Booker T. Washington